Green Building Consulting For Construction Managers, Estimators & Subcontractors
Expert Support for Your Projects
Emerald Built Environments is part of many great building projects, projects that need skilled contractors to bring them to life. Emerald's expertise isn't limited to the board room or drafting table. Our experienced commissioning and testing personnel are continually engaged in the field, collaborating and informing the installation process. Our unique skillset has allowed us to engage at every level of construction and provide technical expertise for the "Whole Building". Whether you need reliable consulting, independent reviews and inspections, or assistance delivering a sustainable certification, Emerald can help.
Emerald has established methods and processes to help contractors every step of the way through the green certification process. As project consultants, we provide or review LEED, WELL, Green Globes, NGBS and other sustainable specifications and provide templates for tracking and reporting. We support our projects with webinars to educate the design and contractor teams. As commissioning agents, we review MEP and envelope design and verify installations, helping to reduce change orders and frequent call backs to the site after completion.
Do you understand sustainable construction requirements, how you ensure you comply, and what's required from you when you bid on a job?
For your project we can provide:
- Commissioning services for MEP and Envelope
- Independent testing, engineering review and consulting
- Scope definition and pre-engineering services for design-build projects
- Contractor documentation support for sustainability requirements
- Energy modeling to analyze alternates for energy code compliance and optimize construction costs
We support the following certifications:
- LEED - Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design by the U.S. Green Building Council
- Enterprise Green Communities
- WELL Building Standard by the International WELL Building Institute
- Energy Star by the EPA
- NGBS - National Green Building Standard
- FitWel by the Center for Active Design
- Green Globes by the Green Building Initiative
Our contractor documentation support comes with:
- Templates for material tracking of MR (Materials & Resources) and IEQ (Indoor Environmental Quality) credits for LEED
- IAQ Management Plan and Waste Management Plan templates and plan review
- List of recommended products and materials to increase LEED points
- Regular webinars for contractors and subs to learn about LEED v4 specific to construction
Our team's experience in design, construction and sustainable certification delivers a practical approach to sustainable certifications based on years of experience. Let us deal with the paperwork so you can spend more time on the job.