This page is a guide of what to look for when selecting and submitting material products for LEED v4 projects. There are 4 credits which require submittals for all products in Divisions: 3-10, 31 & 32.
- MRc2: Building Product Disclosure Optimization: Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
- MRc3: Building Product Disclosure Optimization: Sourcing of Raw Materials
- MRc4: Building Product Disclosure Optimization: Material Ingredients
- IEQc2: Low Emitting Materials
MRC2 EPD- ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCT DECLARATION
Below is an example of an EPD cover page. Submit the entire EPD document with your submittal
Items to note:
- All EPD’s should have a cradle-to-gate scope
- EPD’s must meet the following ISO standards:
- Life Cycle Assessment – ISO 14044
- Product-specific Type III EPD, Internally & Third Party Reviewed - ISO 14025, and EN 15804 or ISO 21930
- Industry-Wide Type III EPD - ISO 14025, and EN 15804 or ISO 21930
- For Industry Wide EPDs, the manufacturer of the project must be explicitly recognized as a participant
MRC4 MATERIAL INGREDIENTS
There are several certifications which can serve to prove a chemical inventory of at least 0.1% (1000 ppm). The following are example images of these certifications and what to look for.