PE, BCxP, BEAP, BEMP, LEED AP, ASHRAE
What is your educational background?
I attended the University of Akron, where I got my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Following that, I got my A.E. in Mechanical Engineering Technology at the Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, Massachusetts.
What strengths do you bring to the EBE team?
- Broad spectrum of expertise – Engineering & Envelope
- Many years of experience in the HPB (high performance building) field (Working on LEED since 2002 as Engineer, modeling, and commissioning)
- Passion for “Whole Building” science and how buildings work as a system
- Live every day leading by example
- I can reach things on the top shelf
What registrations and/or certifications do you have?
I am a registered professional engineer in California, Massachusetts, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. ASHRAE: building energy modeling professional, building energy auditing professional, and building commissioning professional. LEED AP.
What is your proudest project moment, and why?
Big River Steel! This project required every level of consulting to get the goal accomplished. Client communication and coordination, expert analysis of systems, reaching far outside “the box” to develop solutions and a plan to deliver the first ever LEED certified steel mill.
What is your sustainability goal for 2021?
- Internal company – LEED Proven Provider
- No issues (real) with models
- As an outreaching goal, I would like to firm our plan to provide a lasting impact to at least 1 out of every 100 Americans in the next 10 years.